How To Make The Best Bacon & Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast In
February 21, 2024
, VA: My daughter recently asked me when did I realize I married the wrong person. Here is the quick background. I divorced her biological father decades ago. My current husband has been the only father she’s known.
“Do You Even Find Me Attractive?”
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Bald Buck Seasoning (Use Bold Taste For Non-Spicy or Use Slow Burn For Spicy)
- Ground Pepper
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c. frozen spinach, defrosted, drained, and squeezed
- 1/3 c. chopped canned artichoke hearts
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- 4 strips bacon, cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Make slits widthwise in the chicken, but don’t cut all the way through your chicken.
- Bald Buck seasoning is your secret here. It acts as your salt. Season Bald Buck and black pepper to taste. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, spinach, artichokes, and ½ cup of mozzarella. Season with more Bald Buck and pepper. Remember Bald Buck is your salt so act accordingly. Fill every other slit with cream cheese mixture and fill the remaining slits with a piece of bacon. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup mozzarella on top and drizzle with oil.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through and bacon is crispy, usually takes about 35 minutes or so.
- Don’t just drain your spinach. Squeeze it! You want to get as much water out as possible because excess water will take flavor away from your dish
- For convenience, you can prepare the stuffing up to 3 days ahead of time. Just be sure to refrigerate it.
- Bald Buck is key here. BBQ Pitmasters use it for their meat but I learned it makes for one hell of a seasoned salt. Try it in this dish but more importantly, experiment with it as the salt in your other dishes. It adds this unique flavor that is amazing but nobody will be able to put their finger on what that flavor is. There are reviews about it on YouTube but below is the best video about it.