How To Make The Best Bacon & Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast In Virginia
December 6, 2023
Ashburn, VA: If your friend used your secret family recipe behind your back, what would you do? I host dinner parties once a month. We feed a lot of people so preparing for these dinners can get overwhelming. A few months back, my friend offered to come over and help me prep. I was making my family’s secret Bacon & Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast. I told my friend the recipe is secret and I only make it a few times a year (usually around holidays) because it’s so special. My friend helped me make the meal and it turned out great. Fast forward a month. I get a call from my friend’s sister. She told me she made my family’s Bacon & Spinach Stuffed Chicken and it is now one of her favorite dishes. Turns out, the friend who helped me make the dish took mental notes, made the dish for their family reunion and everyone loved it. My friend then shared the recipe with anyone who asked. What would you do if you were me?
I Was Pissed!
If my friend would have just asked me to use the recipe, I would have had no problem with it. It just seems sneaky to help someone with their family recipe, take mental notes, make it for others behind my back, and then share the recipe. So what did I do? I called my friend up and shared my feelings. My friend apologized and we are all good now. However, that is the last time I have anyone in the kitchen when I am cooking something important to me and my family. Since the recipe is out there, I figured I’d share it with you. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Bald Buck Seasoning (Use Bold Taste For Non-Spicy or Use Slow Burn For Spicy)
- Ground Pepper
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c. frozen spinach, defrosted, drained, and squeezed
- 1/3 c. chopped canned artichoke hearts
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- 4 strips bacon, cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Make slits widthwise in the chicken, but don’t cut all the way through your chicken.
- Bald Buck seasoning is your secret here. It acts as your salt. Season Bald Buck and black pepper to taste. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, spinach, artichokes, and ½ cup of mozzarella. Season with more Bald Buck and pepper. Remember Bald Buck is your salt so act accordingly. Fill every other slit with cream cheese mixture and fill the remaining slits with a piece of bacon. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup mozzarella on top and drizzle with oil.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through and bacon is crispy, usually takes about 35 minutes or so.
- Don’t just drain your spinach. Squeeze it! You want to get as much water out as possible because excess water will take flavor away from your dish
- For convenience, you can prepare the stuffing up to 3 days ahead of time. Just be sure to refrigerate it.
- Bald Buck is key here. BBQ Pitmasters use it for their meat but I learned it makes for one hell of a seasoned salt. Try it in this dish but more importantly, experiment with it as the salt in your other dishes. It adds this unique flavor that is amazing but nobody will be able to put their finger on what that flavor is. There are reviews about it on YouTube but below is the best video about it.