How To Make The Best Creamy Lemon Chicken In Virginia
December 7, 2023
Ashburn, VA: This Creamy Lemon Chicken recipe is responsible for ending one of my friendships. One day I went to the grocery store and accidentally bought more chicken breast than my husband and I could eat. So I sent a group text out to a few girlfriends and told them to come get some free chicken breast if they want it. One girlfriend replied and said she would pick it up that day. She even sent me a delicious Creamy Lemon Chicken recipe she planned to make with the chicken breast.
Day 1: She does not call, text or show up to get the chicken.
Day 2: I text her, she says she will pick it up that day but does not show up.
Day 3: Dont hear from her at all.
On day 4, I reached out to her and told her “the chicken will go bad soon, I have no room to freeze it so let me know if you still want it please”. She replies with one word…… “okay”. The chicken is about to go bad, she doesn’t seem that interested in it, so at that point, I decide to cook the chicken using the Creamy Lemon Chicken recipe she sent me. I then gave the Creamy Lemon Chicken dish out to my neighbors and didn’t think anything of it. The next day I woke up and my social media account was going NUTS! Apparently, all of my neighbors LOVED the dish. They posted pictures of it on social media, tagged me in all of them, thanked me, and demanded I make it again!
I was flattered but there was a problem. My friend saw the posts and reached out to me. She asked if that was the chicken breast I had for her and if that was the recipe she gave me. I said yes and explained to her why I made the chicken instead of holding onto it longer.
She Went Off On Me!
She went on this whole rant about how I had the chicken reserved for her, how I should have honored her “RSVP” and how I was taking credit for a recipe she gave me. I didn’t know what to say. Other than not giving her a deadline, I don’t feel as though I did anything wrong. However, our friendship has not been the same since.
Do You Think I Was In The Wrong?
Please let me know your thoughts. In the meantime, here is the recipe that got me TONS of attention but also caused me to lose a friend.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon and a half of Bald Buck: Bold Taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of dill
- Put your chicken breast on a clean flat surface. Pat them dry then season with Bald Buck: Bold Taste. Flip the chicken and do the same with this side.
- Place your pan over medium heat and allow the pan to warm up. Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in the pan. Once the butter is melted, put your chicken breast in the pan. Cook one side for 5-7 minutes. Then flip and cook the other side for 5-7 minutes. After cooking the chicken breast, take them out of the pan, put them on a plate, and set them aside.
- In the same pan, add your 2 cloves of garlic and cook until they are slightly brown. After that, add 1 cup chicken broth, 1 cup heavy cream, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of lemon zest and 2 tablespoons of dill into the pan. Mix all the ingredients and then let them simmer for around 5 minutes.
- Next, place the chicken breast into the plan. Flip on both sides so the chicken breast gets the sauce all over it. Then let it simmer until the sauce thickens. With a spoon, pour sauce over the top of the chicken while it simmers.
- Last, take the chicken out and put it on a plate. Pour sauce on top. Garnish with dill if you want
- Bald Buck is key here. BBQ Pitmasters use it for their meat but I learned it makes for one hell of a seasoned salt. Try it in this dish but more importantly, experiment with it as the salt in your other dishes. It adds this unique flavor that is amazing but nobody will be able to put their finger on what that flavor is. There are reviews about it on YouTube but below is the best video about it.
**Update December 7, 2023** Bald Buck reached out and thanked us for this article! To show their appreciation, they are offering 10% off to anyone who reads this article 🙌 . Just click on the Bald Buck link below. When you check out, you will automatically get 10% off your order. Enjoy!