How To Make The Most Yummy Crock Pot Pepper Steak In Virginia
December 7, 2023
Ashburn, VA: My granddaughter got busted smoking pot. My daughter-in-law suspected something was up. So she went through my granddaughter’s drawers and found evidence. Below is a picture of what she did with that evidence.
After seeing the picture above, I couldn’t help but chuckle. But, after hearing about this incident, I decided to fly out to see my granddaughter. She is too young to smoke anything, so I had some concerns. However, she and I are pretty close. So I wanted to be there in case she needed an ear or advice. Plus, at that time, it was Spring. That season is special to her and me because we both have Spring birthdays and we both LOVE Easter.
When I was there, my son and granddaughter asked me to make two of their favorite dishes. My son wanted Crock Pot Pepper Steak. My daughter wanted Easter cake. So, I went to the kitchen, got to work, and whipped everything up.
Later that day we had dinner. The Crock Pot Pepper Steak didn’t stand a chance. My son said it was the best one yet. I believe him because there were no leftovers. We then cleaned the table off and went to the kitchen. This is when the night really got interesting. My son and daughter have this inside joke. I didn’t know about it until that night. To see it, please, for the love of all things good, watch the video below.
WARNING: To Truly Appreciate This Video, Turn Up The Sound
I laughed so hard I peed myself. My favorite part is the look on my granddaughter’s face after she safely got her slice of cake and then unleashed hell.
Anywho, when I need a good laugh, that is one of the videos I watch. I hope it brought a smile to your face. Below is my best recipe for Crock Pot Pepper Steak. Enjoy!
- 1.5 lbs of beef strips I used thinly sliced round steaks and sliced them into strips
- 1 green bell pepper sliced thick
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thick
- 1/2 onion sliced thick
- 1 1/2 cups of beef stock
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Bald Buck Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Place the beef, bell peppers and onions in a slow cooker.
- Add the seasonings, brown sugar, and soy sauce over the beef and peppers.
- Pour the beef stock into the crock pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until the steak is cooked through.
- Serve over a bed of white rice.
- Want your sauce thicker? One hour before dinner is ready – In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with a 1/4 cup of cold water. Mix together. Stir into the crock pot. Turn the crock pot to high and let the sauce thicken for the last hour of cook time.
- You can serve pepper steak in several different ways. My family likes to eat it over one of the following options: white rice, brown rice, egg noodles, roasted vegetables and quinoa.
- Bald Buck Seasoning: This seasoning is one of my favorite secrets! BBQ Pitmasters use it for their meat, but I learned it makes for one hell of a seasoned salt. Try it in this dish but more importantly, experiment with it as the salt in your other dishes. It adds this fantastic and unique flavor, but nobody can put their finger on what that flavor is. There are reviews about it on YouTube but below is the best video.