How To Make The Best Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes In Virginia
December 7, 2023
Ashburn, VA: Men have sex to relax. Women need to be relaxed to have sex.
We all don’t need to be relaxed to have sex but a lot of women I know do. One of those types of women is a friend of mine who is quite a bit younger. She came over to my house for dinner recently. We had an interesting conversation I’d like to share with you (she gave me permission by the way 😉).
Her husband has been respectfully complaining about their sex life. I asked her how often they have sex. She said “3 times a week.”
You Could’ve Knocked Me Down With a Feather
My husband would kill for 3 times a week. Shoot, he would kill for 3 times a month. I told her like most couples, sex was an issue for me and my husband. She asked me what we did to solve it. I told her this. “I hope I’m not too crude, but when my husband complained about sex we solved it by getting into S & M………I sleep, he masturbates.”
Here is the dish I cooked that night for my friend.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- 8 ounces brown mushrooms minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Bald Buck Seasoning: Bold Taste (or Slow Burn for spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 8 ounces Provolone Cheese Slices chopped (use 6oz if you don’t want it very cheesy)
- 6 brioche hamburger buns (or whatever bread you prefer)
- Add the ground beef to a large cast iron skillet (this browns very well) and brown until a deep brown crust appears before breaking the beef apart.
- Stir the ground beef and brown until a deep crust appears on about 50 or so percent of the beef.
- Remove the beef (you can leave the fat) and add the butter and the onions and bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Let brown for 1-2 minutes before stirring, then let brown for another 1-2 minutes before stirring again.
- Add the beef back into the pan.
- In a small cup mix the beef broth and cornstarch together
- Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Bald Buck Seasoning, black pepper, beef broth/cornstarch mixture into the pan.
- Cook until the mixture is only slightly liquidy (about 75% of the mixture is above liquid), 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add in the provolone cheese.
- Served on toasted brioche buns.
- You can use whatever bread you prefer. I use sourdough bread or brioche buns. Just make sure the bread is quality. The quality of the bread can make or break your sandwich.
- Bald Buck Seasoning is my best secret ingredient. BBQ Pitmasters use it for their meat but I learned it makes for one hell of a seasoned salt. Try it in this dish but more importantly, experiment with it as the salt in your other dishes. It adds this unique flavor that is amazing but nobody will be able to put their finger on what that flavor is. There are reviews about it on YouTube but below is the best video about it.